Monday, April 4, 2011

Angry Bird Cake

My son had his birthday this past week. He's very into Angry Birds and wanted an Angry Bird themed birthday. I found tons of ideas for decorations and stuff on the internet. The piece de resistance (I think) was the yellow Angry Bird cake...


I actually came up with the idea for this one all on my own. I just cut a triangle out of a 13x9 cake. I used yellow food coloring to make the white frosting yellow. I used oreo cookies and black m&m's for the eyes, red licorice for the eyebrows, orange wedge candies for the beak, and black licorice for the feathers on top of his head and the tail. Ethan was soooooo excited about it! And it made me happy that he was so excited.

Oh and I followed the tutorial at The Crafting Chicks to make the pigs...




He was one happy boy this weekend.

I am linking this post up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment