Friday, October 5, 2012

Halloween Decor


I told myself when I was putting up fall decorations that I would wait till October till I put anything up for Halloween. Well, now that it is October my front entry way has gone from this...
Entryway with fall decor.
 To this....


Entryway with Halloween decor. 
 I added the black cheese cloth like material to the door, a few little ravens here and there as well as a few bats, and a couple "boo" signs. Not a lot in my opinion (probably too much in my hubby's opinion since he doesn't care for Halloween much) but I really like it.

I especially like the little ravens. I tied one to the bird cage...


I bought this cage a couple years ago and used it for a while then when we moved into this house I just let the kids play with it. They used it for their stuffed Angry Birds for a while and I reclaimed it as part of my decor over the summer. 

 I put another raven on top of the door...


 And then the last one is sitting in the wreath on the iron wreath hanger...


I cut the bats out with my silhouette machine and put some on the wall and in the black cheese cloth. The kids like the bats. And I like how they stand out on the wall. 


I also added several bats to the front door with the frame I made recently. 


I have maybe one or two other small things in the kitchen, but this is really it for Halloween this year. 
View of my "display" from the front living room couch. 
Although I have added a couple pumpkins to the front porch, but none of them have been carved yet. We still have some time. I'll, of course, share those when we get them done. We still have to go to Papa's Pumpkin Patch in Bismark. I'm planning on taking the kids in the next week or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment